Share This Article
Physical activities and learning about physical education are very important for the students. From the active body, active mind to excellent performance and achievements in life can be achieved with the regular practice of physical activities.
“All the research shows that physical activity will sharpen the brain. Physical activity will help the kids focus and that is definitely a benefit. ” – Myrna Pauls.
Importance of physical activity
Doing physical activities is very important for the learners. It boosts their confidence level, body endurance, body strength, mental stability, etc which increases the overall effectiveness of performance in academics and other aspects of their lives. Let us discuss the benefits.
1. Reduces stress
Doing and practicing physical activities regularly reduces the stress and anxieties that students are facing too much these days. Unwanted stress is very unhealthy for the body and affects the effective performance of the body too. To perform efficiently in life, students must focus on physical fitness.
2. Active mind and body
Physical activity helps us to maintain an active mind and body. This improves the working efficiency of the students. An active and healthy mind improvises the focus and concentration ability of the students. This helps them to engage and interact better in their classes. An active body helps us to stay on our toes. The chances of laziness, attentiveness, and fatigue are reduced to a great extent.
3. Improve academic performance
” Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity. ” – John F. Kennedy.
Doing and engaging in physical activity improves the academic performance of the students. Physical activities boost stamina and blood flow of the body. Our brain efficiency is also increased. With this, we focus and interest more in our education. By following a routine of physical fitness, overall academic performance is improved.
4. Provide a break from regular routines.
By working for the whole day, following the same hectic routines, makes life and work both very monotonous for the students. In these hectic schedules, taking a little break for any form of physical workout is very beneficial for the students. This provides us the energy to stay active and effective for the whole day. The quality of work also improves. They act as mood elevators for several people.
How to introduce physical activities in online teaching
- Scheduling Dance or Zumba classes- Introducing Zumba classes or dance classes for students via mobile teacher app or any other network device can be conducted. It makes learning less monotonous for the students. Learning and attending subject classes for the whole day becomes tiring and exhausting for students. This lowers their performance and interaction in the classrooms. To make learning engaging and making online teaching India more successful, physical fitness is a must to have. Dancing and Zumba are loved by the majority of students. It boosts the stamina of the students. They feel enthusiastic and hence perform and interact better in classes.
- Yoga classes: Students and teachers both have to sit for hours in front of the mobile screens for taking online classes via the mobile teacher app or through computers. Proper body postures, the flexibility of the body is very necessary to focus better in the classes. Physical fitness of the body is very important for effective performance in online classes. The physically unfit students are lazy and get easily diverted too. The introduction of yoga classes in online teaching will help in improving body flexibility and postures. It can be conducted twice or thrice a week by the yoga instructors.
- Physical education as a subject: online teaching platforms can also introduce physical education as an academic subject to teach students. Other than performing physical activities, proper knowledge of this subject is also important. The teaching apps can hire a graduated PE teacher who can take physical education classes for the students. This will help learners to receive a good amount of knowledge on endurance, nutrients, sports, physical fitness, body mass index, etc. Today many students are showing much interest in this subject. Higher education such as diploma, certification, master’s, Ph.D. in physical education is also available. It is a great option to enhance the growth of online teaching India platform.
- 10 minutes of meditation every day: meditation is very important for the physical as well as mental fitness of the students. Everyday practice of meditation is quite essential and hence online teaching platforms should make meditation mandatory for all learners. Starting the day with meditation is so beneficial. This helps to boost and enhance brain functioning and its efficiency to think and perform. Thinking skills, and memorizing skills of the students are also improved this way.
- Exams on physical education: conducting exams on physical education is very important. This will make sure that students are learning properly about physical education. Preparing for exams will help them to realize the importance of introducing physical fitness in their lives for effective academic growth too.
Physical activities play an important role in the growth and development of learners. Both traditional classrooms and online classrooms should focus on the benefits of physical fitness and must include it in their teaching process. The above-mentioned ways will help the teachers to introduce physical activities in the lives of the students. Other than active body performance, the academic performance of the learners is also improved.