Share This Article
Did you know that your relatives are called “love handles”? That’s because they keep you from feeling lonely. In this blog post, we will explore 11 reasons why distant relatives can be good for your health and well-being.
– They are there to help you through a difficult time. When your loved one dies, or if anything bad happens in their life, they will be the first ones at your door with a hug and good advice. A distant relative can offer comfort when you need it most.
– They keep an eye on what is going on in your hometown – and let you know what’s happening as soon as possible so that you don’t have to worry unnecessarily about family members living close by. It keeps them up to date about local news too!
– The best part of long distance relationships? You get two birthdays every year! That means twice the gifts for them (and for you)! Plus, they might send care packages before a big holiday or the New Year.
– Sometimes, they’re there to help you get through tough times in your life – like when you lose a job or something else really hard happens. They have seen it all happen before and can offer advice from their own experience. And if it is too difficult for them to be physically present during this time, they will call up often to check on you and make sure everything is going smoothly.
– Distance makes things more exciting! When was the last time someone said “I am so excited that I’m meeting my family next week!” You probably never hear anyone say that because of how close we are with our families who live nearby us! But distant relatives are always bubbling with excitement because they are meeting you for the first time and to them, it feels like a mini-vacation.
– When you have grown up with someone who lives far away from where you live now, that relationship is more than just physical distance – there’s an emotional connection too! You get to see photos of each other on Facebook and Skype every once in a while but really miss one another. It makes your heart ache whenever you think about what life would be like if this person was close by all the time because then things might feel different.. maybe even better. And so when these distant family members come into town or visit over holidays, its always such a special reunion because there isn’t enough day light between conversations via text message.
– You get to see them in person and not just on a phone. And since you’re so used to seeing their face up close, it feels like they are right there with you when they come over or call. It’s such an amazing feeling that is difficult to describe but one of the many reasons why distance relatives keep us connected – some might say lovingly!
– There is nothing more special than being able to hug someone who loves you dearly, even if it means waiting for months at a time until they can visit again. When these people come into town for holidays or other events, we go out of our way to make sure each moment spent together isn’t rushed through because this may be all the quality time we get to spend with them for who knows how long.
– They’re an invaluable source of information and wisdom, especially if they are the eldest in a family or have been around the block more than once – even if that means just a few decades. It’s always exciting to learn new things from people who’ve had experiences you haven’t yet encountered; it makes us feel like we can conquer anything!
– The first time you meet someone is truly special because there’s no telling what kind of person they’ll be until you actually get introduced by either your momma or daddy (or auntie). We all want our worlds to collide so bad sometimes but meeting up feels like winning when everything goes exactly as planned. There may not be much time to feel like a kid again but when we do, it feels so good.
– They don’t care what you’re wearing or how much money you make — just who you are on the inside and what kind of person they can expect in their future interactions with your family members (whether by blood or not). Isn’t that refreshing?
– You get to see pictures of them every day if you choose! It’s always nice to be reminded that people from the past still exist somewhere out there; after all, we didn’t grow up together nor did our parents attend the same schools as each other which means these relatives were strangers once too. We’ll never know for sure whether we would have liked one another had circumstances been different.
– Distance has never been a barrier to love and deep affection; it’s only an obstacle if you let it be. After all, the true test of a relationship is how much time one can spend with their partner when they’re not in proximity to each other — or at least that’s what we’ve always heard! The “I miss you” texts are always nice too (though admittedly, sometimes annoying). But everyone needs someone on the opposite side of this continent who knows our way around life without being there – somebody who will drop everything just because we need them.
– You get some perspective from locals about where your family member lives which may influence your next vacation destination or travel plans abroad! Maybe even meet up for a coffee and ask for their opinion on the area.
– You can bond over a shared love of food – vacations are always better with someone to share your favourite dishes! (Get that person’s address before you go though, or they might end up eating well while you’re slumming it at an airport)
– They may be in need of some help: whether emotional support, financial assistance, or just want company during a long commute. Helping others is what really keeps us going — why not make your loved one feel appreciated?
You’ll find plenty more reasons in this blog post too but we think these were good enough for now! If you enjoy reading about people who also have families living far away then please share this with your friends, and don’t forget to subscribe for more posts.
Blog Post: 11 reasons distant relatives keep you in touch (with love)
– You can bond over a shared love of food – vacations are always better with someone to share your favourite dishes! It’s fast but it will make them feel good so go ahead and ask their opinion on the area before catching up. They may be in need of some help: whether emotional support, financial assistance, or just want company during a long commute. Helping others is what really keeps us going — why not make your loved one feel appreciated? You’ll find plenty more reasons in this blog post too but we think these were good enough for now! If you’re really bored, you can read the whole thing. – You have a lot in common and there’s always something to talk about – travel stories are great for this! We also like how one of my cousins shares our love for DIY projects. With so many differences between us, it makes sense that we’d find plenty more things to chat about too. All those interests seem like they’re worth exploring each time we see them again.. – They know where all your family secrets lie – distant relatives may not be as close with every member of the group but chances are they might know someone who knows everyone else from long ago or just heard some juicy tidbits after catching up at a party once upon a time. There’s no