Share This Article
You have had a fantastic childhood if you remember playing Tetris on your PC. The game was brought into life unintentionally by Alexey Pajitnov. While testing Electronika 60 (a new type of computer), Alexey wrote a simple game based on a puzzle he had played as a child. The game was meant to assess the computer’s power while providing a dash of entertainment.
To his utter surprise, the game he accidentally designed created a storm and became one of the most popular and addictive games. Even the Gen Zers have heard of Tetris, proving the game’s continued success.
However, the reason why Gen Zers are aware of Tetris is because of the Block Puzzle game. Wondering why? Continue reading to know the answer.
Tetris’ memory lives on through Block Puzzle
It wouldn’t be exaggerating to say that Block Puzzle is a reimagined version of Tetris. The reasons for this are:
- The game’s rules are the same. In Tetris, the block pieces must be moved left or right to place them correctly. The placement of the pieces determines if the lines will be cleared or if the pieces will keep piling on. Similarly, the Block Puzzle game wants players to strategically place the block pieces on the game board. There must always be space on the board for putting more pieces. If the game board runs out of space, the game will be over.
- The pieces of block used for both the games appear similar in design and shape. However, in Tetris, some of the pieces could be rotated to make them fit in closed spaces. The modern-age Block Puzzle game is more challenging, and most of the games don’t allow players to rotate the pieces. So, you will have to use the block pieces the way they appear on the screen.
- In Tetris, the block pieces would fall from the top of the screen. On the other hand, Block Puzzle shows the pieces on the bottom of the screen. Also, three block pieces appear at once. Players get the other pieces after placing the three pieces on their screen.
- The scoring system remains the same. Players score points when they clear lines. The game’s objective is to clear lines, not fill the game board.
How is the Block Puzzle game different from Tetris?
The Block Puzzle game takes after Tetris, but it has unique twists to appeal to the modern crowd. For instance, it is a multiplayer game where you can compete against real-life online players. You can engage in 1V1 intense battles with online players of varying skills. Also, you can implement a few strategies to increase your chances of getting high score in Block Puzzle. Some of the strategies are starting the game by placing the block pieces on the corner of the grid, leaving space for the 3X3 square piece, focusing on clearing multiple vertical and horizontal lines, etc.
Apart from the game’s multiplayer aspect, there are several other changes. Some of them are given below.
- The online Block Puzzle games can be downloaded on iOS and Android devices. You can carry the game around in your pocket and play it whenever you want. You can play a match when commuting to work or standing in line at the bank. It would be best if you had an Internet connection and that’s it.
- Most apps allow players to participate in tournaments to earn cash rewards and prizes. You can check out the ongoing contests and pay an initial entry fee. Then, you can compete with several players to get the tournament money. Therefore, this game will help you earn money plus entertainment. Also, it will teach you money management skills.
- The cash earnings can be withdrawn immediately to your account.
- The controls of the games differ. While Tetris is played by moving the block pieces left or right of the game screen and dropping them in the desired place, the Block Puzzle game requires players to tap and pick up the block pieces from the bottom of the screen and drag them to the desired space in the grid.
- You can make virtual friends while playing the Block Puzzle game or send invitation links to your friends. You can compete against your friends to showcase your expertise.
So, if you miss playing Tetris, you can consider downloading the Block Puzzle game application and installing it on your device. The game requires you to create an account, or you can sign in using your Apple, Facebook, or Google account. Once you have created an account, you can play the game with a single tap. Either choose to play practice free games with online players or participate in tournaments to win cash rewards.
The game includes an element of luck, and you should start praying the square piece doesn’t appear at a time when there’s no space on the game board. Other than this, winning a match is dependent on your strategies and placement of the block pieces. It would be best to carefully place the pieces to clear multiple lines at once, and you can score the highest.
If you want to try your hand at the reimagined version of your childhood’s favorite game, you’ve already wasted a lot of time. Your friends are already having a blast. Install and have fun!