Share This Article
The benefits of doing a Yoga and Ayurveda Teacher Training Course are many. The most obvious is that you will gain the skills and knowledge required to become an instructor yourself while also learning an ancient practice that has been around since times immemorial. There are different types of teacher training courses available, but there are benefits to both. This article will discuss the pros and cons of both so you can determine which would be better for your needs as a potential teacher and student.
What is a Yoga and Ayurveda Teacher Training Course?
A yoga and Ayurveda teacher training selling course is a six-week program that teaches you the basics of yoga and Ayurveda, helps you prepare for your teacher certification test and acts as a testing ground for when you begin by yourself.
Ayurveda is an ancient science that helps one understand the dosha system and use nature’s teachings to live life to the fullest. Ayurvedic medicine uses natural therapeutics, for example, herbs, foods, lifestyle choices and other things to help those in need. The practices are thousands of years old, but they are still being used today to treat various illnesses and allow patients to have a more productive life.
Yoga is an ancient practice that has its roots in the Hindu tradition. Yoga means ‘union.’ It uses breathing, meditation and other methods to unite the mind and body to achieve physical, mental and spiritual awareness.
What are the benefits of a Yoga and Ayurveda Teacher Training Course?
1. Learning the basics of yoga and Ayurveda: The yoga and Ayurveda training course will teach you some fundamental knowledge of yoga and Ayurveda by day 6, but learn what you need to know by day 1 because you will need those skills to become an instructor.
2. Practically experience what you are teaching: When you begin the teacher training course, it is essential to remember that you are not just in the classroom learning about yoga and Ayurveda. You will need to practically learn how to become a teacher by teaching yoga and Ayurveda to your classmates.
3. Prepare for your teacher certification test: When you complete the six-week course, it is essential to remember that you will most likely be asked to do a teacher training course or full yoga and Ayurveda teaching course before being asked to take the actual yoga and Ayurveda certification test.
4. Practice what you are teaching: By practising at home with your classmates, you will gain practical knowledge on how to teach yoga and Ayurveda. After the course ends and you are a certified teacher, it is essential to remember that your teacher training classes will help prepare you.
5. Practice what you know: When it comes to practising what you know for the yoga and Ayurveda certification test, this is where the teacher training selling online courses is beneficial because it allows students to practice on each other by having a mini class or two in between each section of the instructor certification test.
Where can I find a good Yoga and Ayurveda Teacher Training Course?
There are many places to find a yoga and Ayurveda teacher training course. However, some may be more reliable than others. To help you decide which is the best teacher training course for your needs as a potential yoga and Ayurveda instructor, I have put together a list of the top teacher training sites:
1. Teachers College – This is where I completed my teacher training course. If you are looking for an accredited yoga and Ayurveda teacher training program that has helped thousands of students with the science of yoga and Ayurveda, then consider taking this course at Teachers College. The course is 12 weeks long and covers the basics of yoga and Ayurveda, including how to practice it, the history and how to teach it. You are taught how to become a yoga instructor and an Ayurveda practitioner.
2. Amrit Yoga Teacher Training: This is a popular site for taking a yoga and Ayurveda teacher training course in India. The program emphasizes Ayurvedic lifestyles and is taught by experts with over 20 years of experience in this field. The training takes place at the Amrit Yoga Hotel, allowing you to live on campus while studying. Located in a Yoga Village, you will be provided with accommodations along with yoga and Ayurveda classes.
Can I do the Yoga and Ayurveda Teacher Training Course online?
As of now, the only way to become a certified yoga teacher is to complete an online yoga teacher training course from a reputable instructor; however, if you want to become an Ayurveda practitioner, you can do so either by taking an online training course or by attending a traditional class. There are many online yoga and Ayurveda teacher training courses you can find on the internet. Still, the best way to go about this is to look for recommendations from someone who has taken a yoga teacher training course before. This can be a friend, family member or someone you meet while attending a yoga class or therapy session.