Share This Article
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts the IBPS Clerk examination every year. Through this exam, they recruit clerks for all the public sector banks across India. Many banking aspirants appear for the exam each year, hoping to land an outstanding job.
The exam is conducted in two stages, the prelims and the mains. IBPS Clerk Syllabus consists of important subjects such as Reasoning, Mathematics, English, General and Banking Awareness. BYJU’S Exam Prep has created the right learning platform for all aspiring candidates.
IBPS Clerk exam preparation
Everyone prepares for such exams in their own way. This is also reflected in the kind of results that the candidates get. However, a month-long planning, structural strategy, and dedication will help you clear the exams with flying colours.
If you are a banking aspirant, you must be planning to appear for the upcoming IBPS Clerk 2022 examinations. You need to be aware of the syllabus and a list of books to help you prepare.
Best books for IBPS Clerk syllabus for prelims and mains
The IBPS Clerk exam tests candidates on the following subjects:
- General and Financial Awareness
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning Ability
- Computer Aptitude
Here is a subject-wise list of books you can study when preparing for this exam.
- General and Financial Awareness: Books that will help you prepare for this subject are Manorama Yearbook, India Year Book by Publications Division and Banking Awareness by Arihant Publications. It would help if you also read newspapers like The Indian Express and The Hindu. It would be best if you focused on the developments in the banking sector across the globe.
- English Language: Books that will help you prepare for this subject in both prelims and mains are Objective General English by Arihant Publications, High School Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin and Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis. You can also study the day-to-day usage of English from the NCERT books of class IX and X.
- Quantitative Aptitude: This segment of the exam can help you achieve top scores very easily. To ace both the prelims and mains, you need to study Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma, Quantitative Aptitude by R. S. Agarwal and Objective Mathematics for Competitive Exams by Tarun Goyal. You can refer to Fast Track Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma for additional practice.
- Reasoning Ability: This is the trickiest portion of the IBPS Clerk exam syllabus, yet the most exciting one. Some of the books that will help you enhance your skills in reasoning ability are Analytical Reasoning by M. K. Pandey, Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R. S. Agarwal and A New Approach to Reasoning: Verbal and Non-Verbal by B. S. Sijwali and Indu Sijwali.
- Computer Aptitude: If you have studied computer basics in school, Objective Computer Knowledge by Kiran Prakashan will help you prepare for the IBPS Clerk exam. You can also go through the Computer Science textbooks of NCERT class XII and XII for an in-depth lesson on computer aptitude.
BYJU’S Exam Prep has been designed to encourage focused learning for all IBPS Clerk exams. The study material is created with care and has audio-video lectures, exam-focused topics, notes, and articles. You can find everything in one place on the website. You can solve previous years’ exam papers and mock tests to acquaint yourself with the exam pattern. A disciplined approach and ample practice will help you secure a prestigious job.